Unless otherwise stated, answer in complete sentences, and be sure to use correct English, spelling and grammar. Sources must be cited in APA format. Your response should be four (4) double-spaced pages; refer to the “Assignment Format” page located on the Course Home page for specific format requirements.
Part A: You were recently promoted to a sales manager position for ABC Company, which offers customized software for physicians, dentists, and veterinarians. Unfortunately, you’re now the sales manager for one of your company’s least productive regions. After several weeks on the job, you become concerned about the high rate of turnover. Three salespeople have resigned within the last two months. Replacements are needed and there’s little time to hire, train, and deploy them in the field.
Realizing that the right people for these positions could come from a variety of places, you decide to investigate the strengths and weaknesses of hiring from within the organization, through referrals, and by using advertising methods. What are your opinions on the following?
1. What are two (2) advantages and two (2) disadvantages of hiring internal candidates for sales positions?
2. What are two (2) benefits of hiring people referred to the company by friends or relatives?
3. Discuss one (1) difference between the kinds of applicants that will come in from a newspaper ad versus postings on online job boards. Does this difference indicate anything about future job performance?
Part B: Once your selection has been made, you move to the next step – training. Please respond to the following:
1. How is sales training related to recruiting and selecting salespeople?
2. How can sales training contribute to salesforce socialization?
3. What four (4) methods are used for delivering sales training?