SOCW 6520: Social Work Field Education III
I have uploaded the Process Recordings template that you MUST use
Please note that this is a master level course so master level work. Please check the grammar and you have to use the reading that I have provided to you. You must answer all the questions that I post. Thank you.
Metro Atlanta Children’s Services
2302 Parklake Drive NE, Suite 200
Atlanta, GA 30345
Brief Description of Agency-GA Mentor is a therapeutic foster care agency that provides therapeutic foster care services to youth between the ages of 0-18. We offer evidence-informed training to foster parents to provide quality homes for foster children. Services offered to children include 24 hours of home-based monitoring, therapeutic intervention, and access to community-based services, life skill development, and medication management oversight. GA Mentor ensures that the educational, mental health, physical health, and overall well-being needs of all children in our program are met.
2. I will be completing the following tasks:
-Completion of Risk Assessments and Crisis Assessment to determine the level of the client’s needs and services
-Demonstrate her ability to apply Family-Centered Practice, Systems Theory, and Strengths Perspective when assessing the challenges of the family
-Develop and implement Treatment Plans for client
-Train and develop foster parents in providing therapeutic foster care to foster care children
-Evaluate state and Federal Policies in Child Welfare
-Demonstrate her ability to link the family to resources with consideration to the family’s culture, social-economic status, etc.
• Birkenmaier, J., & Berg-Weger, M. (2018). The practicum companion for social work: Integrating class and fieldwork (4th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson.
o Chapter 9, “Social Work Practice and the Legal System” (pp. 207-224)
• Laureate Education (Producer). (2013e). Legal considerations
[Audio file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
The Assignment: (2–4 pages)
• Provide a transcript of what happened during your field education experience, including a dialogue of interaction with a client.
• Explain your interpretation of what occurred in the dialogue, including social work practice theories, and explain how it might relate to diversity or cultural competence covered this week.
• Describe your reactions and/or any issues related to your interaction with a client during your field education experience.
• Explain how you applied social work practice skills when performing the activities during your process recording.