EDMG220 Final Project – Powerpoint Presentation
Assume you are the local emergency manager for your community. You have conducted a risk analysis and identified a hazard that presents an imminent threat to your community. You and your team have drafted a proposal of an emergency operations plan for your mayor or commissioners that covers preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery for the identified hazard.
For your assignment this week prepare a powerpoint presentation to present to your mayor or commissioners that includes, at a minimum, the following information:
- an overview of the hazard and your analysis of the threat
- the sequence of events, resources, and any participants that you and the planning committee would include in the emergency operations plan
- how to share this plan with city/county officials, response organizations, and the public. Would there be opportunity for feedback?
- the identification of specific roles in the plan
- and whose buy-in and support you need to ensure the effectiveness of the plan and how you propose to secure it.
You should ensure your powerpoint presentation presents a clear plan based on your analysis of the situation. You should use a minimum of three sources to support your plan. These sources may include applicable federal, state, or local laws, as well as research or other sources relevant to your plan.
Your powerpoint presentation should contain a minimum of eight slides, not including your title and reference slides. All sources used must be properly cited. Your references should be formatted in APA style.
External research will generally be required in addition to the assigned readings. Please create your final project in Microsoft Powerpoint, and upload as an attachment for submission.