Notes from the professor:
The materials found in the M.U.S.E. may help you with this assignment. Additional information is also provided in the Lessons from Experience series found at the following link:
Students should develop a presentation that details an effective change management plan for AGC.
Students should demonstrate that they can apply the principles of change management and the steps of a strong change management model.
Students should understand the importance of the diagnostic process and how the inappropriate gathering and analysis of data could lead to an inaccurate diagnosis of the problems, eventually leading to erroneous interventions within the organization. They should also understand how effective data gathering and analysis can lead to correct determinations about the root causes of problems at any organization.
Students should discuss the types of data that can be used for the diagnostic process, including qualitative and quantitative data. They should also be familiar with the various methods for data collection and analysis of data.
Unit: Change Management Principles and the Impact on the Management of Global Human Capital
Due Date: Wed, 12/6/17
Deliverable Length: 8–10 slides (+ title and reference slides); Speaker notes of 200–250 words per slide
Respond to the scenario below with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
You and Shawn met yesterday with the members of a cross-cultural leadership team from AGC’s subsidiaries to discuss a change in AGC’s human capital management goals. The team concluded that if AGC does not change, it may not survive in today’s global environment. To fully diagnose the problems at AGC, they recommended that data be gathered and analyzed. The team asked you to prepare a presentation describing how you will diagnose the problems at AGC.
Review the AGC scenario for this course and prepare an 8–10 slide presentation that addresses the following:
- Describe why making a diagnosis is a critical part of a change management plan.
- Identify at least 3 current human capital management problems at AGC.
- For each problem that you have identified, describe a data collection method (such as interviews, focus groups, or performance appraisals) that you could use to gather data about the problem and from which employee groups you will gather the data.
- For each problem that you have identified, describe how you will draw conclusions from the data that you have gathered.
- Summarize your conclusions regarding the problems at AGC, and identify the root cause of each problem.