Week 4 Assignment – Culture and Marketing Strategy
Locate a print advertisement for a consumer business or product that is not nationally recognized. (Note: the advertisement can be a social media print advertisement, but the product or business cannot be known nationally, meaning it cannot be purchased in all parts of the nation, just in a local area.)
Write a 3–4-page paper in which you:
- Describe an advertisement, its content, text, pictures, length, location, aesthetics, and what drove you to select it.
- Analyze the underlying assumptions that the authors of the ad seem to make about the consumers that this advertisement targets. Determine how the ad is using these perceived assumptions to evoke a consumer response.
- Analyze why the ad would not appeal to some consumer group(s).
- Evaluate the impact of the advertisement on cultural values.
- Use four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides. For citing social media resources refer to How Do I Cite a Post From Social Media?
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate an advertisement in terms of content, targeted audience, and cultural values.