Due Week 4 and worth 250 points
Review the FBI National Gang Report at the following website https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/national-gang-report-2015.pdf/view. Then visit the FBI’s Youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/fbi and the FBI’s “What we Investigate: Gangs” site at https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent-crime/gangs. Use the information shared on the FBI website to analyze the following questions:
- How many gangs are there in the United States?
- Which gangs are considered the most disturbing by the FBI? How did they come to that conclusion?
- Looking at the reports from the past year on the the FBI Gang News site (https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/violent-crime/gangs/gang-news), what trends do you see in gang activity? How does it compare with the National Gang Report?
- Which anti-gang initiatives spearheaded by the FBI do you find most effective? Please explain.
Write a 4-6-page paper answering the questions. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may research local, federal and state statues in your state to illustrate your point. A good place to start is the Strayer Library at research.strayer.edu
The paper should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
Course outcomes for the assignment:
- Critically analyze the historical rise in power of gangs and gang affiliation.
- Critically analyze the historical rise in power of organized crime families.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the numerous effects, including addiction, of drugs, which motivate the market.
- Discuss the historical laws associated with illegal substances.
- Analyze and address the supply side and demand side of illegal drugs.
- Distinguish the difference among Italian, Irish, Asian, Russian, and other crime syndicates.
- Clearly differentiate between productive and non-productive law enforcement strategies used to address the drug problem in America.
- Examine the activities, motivation, operations, logistics, and finances associated with the world drug trade and their relation to gang and organized crime cultures