Complete the Project Management Plan template, including the Executive Summary, Risk Management Plan, Project Quality Plan, and Project Close and Lessons Learned components.
This portfolio work project includes the submission of the Project Schedule and the completion of the Project Management Plan template for the following components:
- Executive Summary.
- This is a brief description of the project’s purpose, main points, and deliverables for upper management to understand how the project supports the organization’s mission and goals.
- Risk Management Plan.
- This explains the intent of the risk management plan as it pertains to your selected project.
- Project Quality Plan.
- This is the process and activities used in managing a project to ensure the product, services, and results meet or exceed quality standards. This area includes activities to review project requirements.
- Project Close and Lessons Learned.
- This provides an area to reflect on project standards and best practices. What are the top three lessons you’ve learned to apply to your work?
For this assessment, choose either Option A or Option B. You do not need to do both.
Option A: Use Cosmo, Inc. to complete the final four sections of your project management plan and project schedule. Refer to the Cosmo, Inc. Business Case document for more information.
Option B: Use a project from your own organization to complete the final four sections of your project management plan and project schedule.
As the project manager, you are responsible for creating a comprehensive Project Management Plan and Project Schedule to guide your business stakeholders in their decision making and to support a successful project implementation.
For Options A or B, use the Project Plan Template to develop the final sections indicated in the assessment Introduction for your Project Management Plan. Include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive Executive Summary section including high-level information including problem(s), solution(s), timeframe, budget, risks, et cetera.
- Develop a comprehensive Risk Management plan section that includes introduction, risk legend, and risk matrix.
- Develop a comprehensive Quality Management plan section including information on the tools and techniques for each process group.
- Describe the project’s success factors and lessons learned. In the Project Close and Lessons Learned section, include a few postmortem best practices and the top three lessons learned.
- Utilize the Project Management Plan Template.
- References: There is no set number of references required for this assessment. Use scholarly or academic sources where applicable.
- The Project Management Plan is a professional document and should therefore follow the corresponding MBA Academic and Professional Document Guidelines, including single-spaced paragraphs. Be sure to include the link into the project schedule section of the plan’s template.
- Use APA style and format for references and in-text citations.
- Length: Utilize the template, including the title page and reference page.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze project management methodologies and frameworks.
- Develop an Executive Summary section.
- Competency 2: Analyze organizational benefits of project management.
- Describe the project’s success factors and lessons learned.
- Competency 3: Analyze the application of various project management frameworks.
- Develop a Risk Management plan section.
- Competency 4: Analyze how leadership characteristics and behaviors affect project quality and success.
- Develop a Quality Management plan section.
- Competency 5: Communicate project management needs, opportunities, and strategies with multiple stakeholders.
- Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations for members of the project management profession.
Your course instructor will provide feedback as if he or she were the recipient of your deliverables in the workplace, using the scoring guide and providing feedback. Refer to the Project Management Plan scoring guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assessment before submission.
This portfolio work project demonstrates your competency in applying knowledge and skills required of an MBA learner in the workplace. Save this activity to your ePortfolio for future reference in the workplace.